It's time once again for the Grand Slam contest! For each Cleveland Indians game, we will choose one contestant. If the Tribe hits a grand slam during the game, our contestant for that day will be entered into a drawing to win $500 courtesy of First Federal Community Bank. Even if the Indians don't hit a grand slam, our contestant will still receive four FREE small smoothies from any McDonald's in Tuscarawas County. At the end of the season, we will draw one name from all the contestants who had grand slams during "their" games and award the $500!
Be sure to register at any First Federal Community Bank location, at Parkway Nissan on Commercial Parkway in Dover, or right here at WJER Radio for your chance to win. Tune in to AM 1450 and 100.9 FM to catch all the Cleveland Indians action this season!
Contestants who had grand slams during their games:
April 5th: Miles Riley of Dover (grand slam by Francisco Lindor)
April 14th: Iva Burky of New Philadelphia (grand slam by Lonnie Chisenhall)
Grand Slam 2017 Rules:
1. Contestants must be 18 or older. No purchase necessary.
2. Limit of one registration per person per visit to any of the offices of First Federal Community Bank, Parkway Auto Dealerships, or WJER Radio.
First Federal Community Bank offices are located at:
321 N. Wooster Avenue, Dover
902 Boulevard, Dover
244 W. High Avenue, New Philadelphia
1047 W. Main, Sugarcreek
4737 U.S. Route 62, Berlin
Parkway Nissan is located at:
877 Commercial Parkway, Dover
WJER Radio is located at:
646 Boulevard, Dover
3. You may enter by sending a postcard with your name, address, and phone number to: Grand Slam c/o WJER Radio, 646 Boulevard, Dover, Ohio 44622.
4. You may register more than once. However, you may be selected as a contestant only one time per season.
5. All contestants will be selected by random drawings from entries received at the First Federal Community Bank, Parkway Nissan, and WJER Radio.
6. Employees of First Federal Community Bank, Parkway Nissan, WJER Radio, the Cleveland Indians, and their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
7. By entering the contest, you agree to allow your name, voice, and likeness to be used for promotional purposes.
8. For our purposes, a grand slam is defined as follows: the Indians are at bat in an official game and the bases are loaded with Cleveland Indians players, and the Indians batter hits a homerun which scores a total of four runs (the three base runners and the batter). If for any reason the play is ruled invalid, the grand slam will not count.
9. If the Cleveland Indians hit a grand slam, the selected contestant for that game will be entered into a random drawing for the grand prize of $500.00.
10. There will be a total of 20 contestants competing for the grand prize. This will be a combination of Grand Slam contestants and a number of “Second Chance” contestants selected at the conclusion of the season from all entries (excluding those already selected as finalists). The number of "Second Chance" contestants will depend on the total number of grand slams during the contest period.